CLIMBSKIN® HAND CREAM contains the most potent skin regenerative agents found in nature, under a novel formula that combines eight major components.
CLIMBSKIN® HAND CREAM combines oils and extracts of the best quality in a product of dense texture but fast absorption, resistant at extreme conditions yet not oily. Climbskin Hand Cream contains no artificial colors or perfumes, just the best ingredients, combined to give a pleasant aroma, natural and characteristic.
The entire manufacturing process is environmentally friendly and cruelty free (not tested on animals).
Not tested on animals. 100% Vegan
It comes in a plastic container 100% ♻️ with screw cap made of 30 ml , and seals inside.
Dimensions: 5,1 x 5,1 x 3,6 cm
Weight: 69 g (net weight: 30 g).
Warranties and tests
The registration number of The manufacturer appears on the base of the spindle (N. R. I. 00523-CS). In addition we manufacture under GMP (good manufacturing practice according to ISO 22716). Climbskin® Hand Cream is registered in the CPNP, the european portal where, according to the new regulation 1223/2009, must register all cosmetics of the European Union.
Patch Test: 0% irritability dermal.
Challenge Test: microbiological Testing that determines whether the cream can be altered by pathogens (fungi and bacteria), once the packaging is opened. Climbskin® Hand Cream has passed the test with 100% effectiveness.
Stability Test: submits the cream to temperature changes (between -10°C and 45°C) to check the response of the product against extreme conditions. The results support that, under normal conditions, the cream is perfectly stable for 2 years before being opened, and 6 months after its opening.
On July 11, 2013 entered into force the REGULATION (EC) No 1223/2009 OF the EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF the COUNCIL of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products. From that day on, all the countries of the European Union follow the same guidelines at the time of manufacture and market cosmetic products. Climbskin® Hand Cream since its conception has followed these guidelines.
Comparison with wax based products
Climbskin® hand cream is an oil-aqueous emulsion, a property that allowed us to get closer to our goal of creating a product of outstanding properties. It contains both fat-soluble ingredients of the highest quality like shea butter and buckthorn and rosehip oils, but also, unlike waxes, it includes effectively water-soluble ingredients such as aloe vera, tincture of benzoin, dragon’s blood, extract of centella asiatica, and aquillea millefollium. This is why the capacity of absorption and penetration of Climbskin® hand cream is remarkable; it allows deep hydration, better regeneration, and leaves less residues on the skin.
Waxes are cheap cosmetic products of low quality, easy to manufacture, which leave our hands full of oil and wax residues. But it is not only about sensations, each skin needs a specific hydration, a very difficult target to hit with waxes since they act more like bombs of hydration. We must keep in mind that, in the cases of raised calluses, cracks and cuts, an excess of hydration is counterproductive because it softens the tissue too much and slows down its healing.
Being able to apply Climbskin® hand cream in thin layers (1 or 2 is usually enough depending on the type of your skin) is essential to achieve the right hydration, which is a KEY factor in the recovery process. You must learn to know and take care of YOUR skin.
Climbskin® hand cream also contains tincture of benzoin and natural silica that, in addition to their intrinsic properties, help regulate sweating, a very limiting factor in wax-based products.
At Climbskin we take into great consideration the origin of our ingredients. We do not like the industrialized process that obtains waxes of animal origin. Taking care of the bees, that we think is vital!
Quality, sustainability, and respect for the environment are values that will always go hand in hand with Climbskin. #whyclimbskin
How to use
CLIMBSKIN® Hand Creams is the only cream that has been completely designed for climbers, adapting its properties to the fullest.
Hands are our direct connection with the rock, they allow us to perceive it in a special way. A well-cared skin – with calluses, yes, but even and springy ones – will dramatically improve our sensations, making a difference in our performance when climbing.
No need for extraordinary care of our hands, just a small additional routine to our climbing will help us to better understand their skin and necessities.
2. Care & Advice
Before: Prepare the skin for climbing. "Warm up"
- Until now, it was unthinkable to use any existing products before climbing. Now, you can use Climbskin Hand Cream one hour before climbing. A thin layer is sufficient to give the skin greater elasticity. This acts as a "warming" that helps to prevent skin damage (reduces the possibility of "smilies", opening calluses, cracks, or taking off the skin under the nail ). Tincture of benzoin and natural silica also help to regulate sweating, which is an important factor in skin wearing.
- Keep a cool, dry skin. A common mistake is to keep your hands in your pockets right before starting to climb. A skin with some degree of sweating and at higher temperature than its surroundings will suffer more wear. Instead, put your hands in contact with the rock for a few seconds before climbing.
- Cut and file any lifted skin as soon as possible, no matter how small it may seem, to avoid further damage by snags in the same area.
- If you notice that your skin is really close to open a crack or smilie...sure you have had this feelling...Stop! to fight against motivation it is not an easy thing sometimes but if you stop in the right moment, not only you are avoiding the damage, your skin will react getting stronger in that part a cause of the presure and friction. Your skin will be full ready to crush in 2 days.
- If a callus is lifted, the first thing to do is to stop the bleeding. Then cut the skin and file the generated skin step. Apply Climbskin Hand Cream to the affected area and leave it there for 20 minutes before spreading it. For this kind of wounds, an excessive hydration is counterproductive as this would soften the skin and slow regeneration, so keep the wound uncovered. But if you decide to keep on climbing – most surely you will – cover it with several turns of a thin strip of breathable tape, beginning from the tip of the finger downwards so it will take longer to move (change it as soon as it starts to move).
Slits, cracks or smilies are usually caused by a lack of elasticity in the callus, and repetition of movements. When they occur, they must be cleaned and filed out. Then apply Climbskin cream as indicated above.
After: Level the skin of your hands at the end of each session (theory of the layers).
- Before washing your hands, you must carefully file all the broken skin. Only after, wash them. If you have a skin particularly dry, it is important to file them as soon as possible in order to wash them asap too. To file your hands while there is still magnesium facilitates the disposal of the waste accumulated on the skin. If you use the Climbskin file to file your hands while they still have some moisture or grease, use the black side (for metal). Afterwards you can completely remove any residue from the file by rubbing it on a cloth or rubbing it with a toothbrush (the lime will not suffer any wear).
- File and level every crack of your skin. If you have suffered great wear of the fingertips, then it is important to file the skin around the nails to favor a uniform regeneration. An excess of callus in these areas is not convenient, since it favors the wear of the fingertip.
-File the excess of callus beneath the fold lines in each finger joint to prevent the lifting or pinching of the calluses (especially important when you are starting to climb or train).
- If the callus overhangs the nail you must also file it to prevent it could get caught in some grips.
Once the skin is entirely leveled, you can wash your hands to remove dirt and magnesium. Then dry them well.
Now it's time to use Climbskin Hand Cream. You should apply it in layers, extending it thoroughly. Usually, 1 or 2 times will suffice. The layers should not leave any residue on the skin (if your hands are a little bit greasy, then you have used more cream than necessary). Cover the wounds, cracks or smilies with the cream for 20 minutes, then spread it and leave them uncovered, in contact with the air. Do this twice a day to speed up recovery.
You can use CLIMBSKIN® hand cream several times a day, before and after each session of climbing, without any problem. Make the skin care of your hands a healthy routine and you will see the difference in no time.